As I write my first post of 2016 and begin to finally think about the upcoming term, I realise that I have not posted the results of my inquiry around phonics last year. I will address that once I return from holiday and have access to my laptop. The student exemplars I used when presenting still have some names on them. In brief: it was successful.
As to this year’s inquiry my thoughts include…
- Something around strategies to engage students in meta cognition
- More formal investigation into effective use of technology-practical strategies and how we know it is effective
- Something around MLE and how that works in a rural ‘school’
- Something around Barbara Brann’s programme as we implement her programme with NE
- Developing independent skills with juniors
I also have some readings to summarise.