Below are a series of screenshots representing my learning around Gmail. The clips generally originate from the Google training site. It has become much easier to make sense of since I actually started using it (as opposed to just reading about it). I am pleased that it seems to be able to do many of the things my old mail client allowed me to do. It is actually now becoming a more pleasant site to visit.
Key learning points:
- The tasks lists that can be created here and which automatically sync across to calendars
- Filters: this is automatically assigning labels to my incoming emails.
- Offline Gmail – turns out that there is a separate app that you need to use
- The configure inbox button: awesome and fairly accurate at doing some very generic initial sorting for you
- Being able to record notes regarding contact communication within that person’s contact details
- How to use themes.